Monday, February 15, 2010

Just Add Ink JAI4 - Colour Challenge

Before I started my blog I thought to myself "Oh I will be blogging every day - it will be so much fun!!!". Now here I am- 4 weeks after finally getting my blog up and running- writing only my 5th post. Not to worry - will just have to try harder :o). There has been a reason of course (as there always is)- Elliot has been unwell and grumpy on and off for days now and I didn't feel well all weekend. And I've also been stamping like a crazy woman at every opportunity to get some orders finished and delivered. They were boxed up and sent on their merry way over the weekend and I have to admit I was SUPER happy with them. I will definitely have to post some more of my Sweet Treat creations ("Oh no not more" I hear you say) that I made up for my good friends Kate and Greg (***Hi****)!!!

So on to today's post - my entry for this week's Just Add Ink Challenge. I am becoming a bit addicted to their challenges and to looking at all the fantastic entries from other very talented stampers!!! I also love the comment-love I get after posting (Thank you to those who leave such lovely comments) and have made a promise to myself this morning to send a lot more comment-love out too.

This week's JAI challenge was a colour challenge:



And here is my entry:


Ingredients:

Stamp Set: Petal Pizzazz
Card/Paper: Kraft; Sage Shadow; Whisper White; Parisian Breeze DSP (retired)
Ink: Rose Red; Sage Shadow; More Mustard
Other: 1" Rose Red Double-Stitched Grosgrain ribbon; Eyelet border punch; Corner rounder punch; Linen Thread;
Designer Series Buttons (playground)


I am a huge, huge fan of Rose Red (it is my most favouritest SU colour) and Kraft. Have to admit though that even though I own the More Mustard ink pad (a long ago purchase to ink up some giraffes) I have never stamped with it, nor Sage Shadow. So I was actually really surprised by how well all four colours go together and even happier that I got to use the More Mustard buttons that have been sitting dormant in my Playground Buttons container. It was one of those cards that once you put it together you think "Oh wow it actually looks ok!!!"

Oh and I have to say a huge thank you to Amanda for posting the tutorial on how to take great photos of your cards. I took all of your advice (including sitting on the paving outside with my "photo box" perched on an old outdoor table) and was really happy with the result. Thank you!

I'll sign off now with a promise of more frequent blogging

Louise x

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Louise!! that card is just BEAUTIFUL!! and that bow is divine... I will need a lesson on that one please.

Louise Layton said...

Thanks Janny. Glad you liked it!!! Can't take credit for the bow though as I CASE'd it from Danielle Dawe's card - thanks Danielle !!!

One Klassy Chick said...

I agree Lou, this is STUNNING! What a wicked interpretation of the challenge colours!

S x

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This card turned out more than OK!!!!! It's absolutely gorgeous.

Jo Armstrong said...

Ooo lovely! What an interesting mix of colours I would never have thought of using - but you make it work so well.

Claire said...

Lovely card Louise! It's funny - I think a few of us are dusting off our more mustard buttons :) And I love the way you've used the petal pizzazz set with the layering. It's gorgeous!!

Danielle Daws said...

Wow! This is stunning! Love that bow! ;) You've done such a gorgeous job with this challenge - it's superb! Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

LOVE it Louise!! What a stunning card!

AJ said...

Delightful!

Robyn said...

Congratulations Louise- love petal pizzaz and love what you have done with it on this card!