Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Melon, Teal and Eggplant Combo - Yum! Yum! - Just Add Ink Challenge 19

Whooooaaaaah I hear you yell - two posts in one day!!!! Will it snow tomorrow????

Well I told you I was getting my craft on! I have made a few promises to myself since returning to convention- one I have already mentioned- that I will get an award at next year's convention. The other is to spend more time stamping for myself and not just for my inkyloulou business. Before I went away the only stamping I was doing was for cards, etc that people had ordered and as much as I LOVE doing that I also think it is important to do some things just for me. One of my favourite things has been entering the Just-Add-Ink Challenges and for far too many week's I just didn't find the time to enter anything. Soooo here I am back stamping for myself and entering JAI Challenge 19.

This week the girls have set a colour challenge using the following colours:



And this is my entry:



What do you think??? I actually really love it. It combines my three favourite things at the moment: Melon Mambo (card, ribbon & ink); Handmade paper flowers and the Two-Step Bird Punch. I'm not quite sure why the Taken With Teal Ink looks so much lighter than the cardstock though. Here are a couple of closer look photos:





RECIPE
(All supplies from Stampin Up unless stated)
Eastern Blooms & Vintage Vogue Stamp Sets
Melon Mambo; Taken With Teal; Elegant Eggplant; Whisper White cardstock
Melon Mambo; Taken With Teal; Elegant Eggplant Ink; Versamark
Melon Mambo Polka-Dot Ribbon; Stampin Pastels
Two-Step Bird Punch; Scallop Edge Punch; Paper piercing tool; Rhinestones (non-SU)

Well that is all from me tonight- it's late. It's going to be a lovely, sunny day in Perth tomorrow so Elliot and I are going to meet some friends we haven't seen for a long while at the park. Before I go though I almost forgot to show you these photos I took today of my little darling doing some stamping of his own. How cute is that?!?!?!




Goodnight

Louise x

16 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Stunning card!

Anne31 said...

Glad you are back Lou, that is bewdiful!!! Just makes you want to drive right into and pick all the flowers.

Anonymous said...

Was so excited when i saw you had posted not one but two in one day, and then i saw your JAI entry it is beautiful Louise,Love what you have done,

Jodene said...

Such a fun, vibrant card. Love it!

Ali said...

I love the colours!! It's a beautiful card and I too am glad you are back blogging :)

Tania Gould said...

Holey-smoley - this is amazing! Do I even recognise that bird! You've done an outstanding creation! Welcome back!

The Purple Butterfly said...

Gorgeous, uplifting and vibrant. Lovely card xo

nadine said...

A bright and happy card. I love how you have cut out colour for the birds head.

Christine Blain said...

I just love how vivid this card is - it is AMAZING!! Great job (and the second photo of your little cherub is just too cute)!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colours.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Nope.. don't like it... LOVE IT!!!! Lou... You've take a REALLY bright combo and made it absolutely STUNNING!!!! I REALLY LOVE it!!!
LOve the pics of your little man stampin' too... SOOOO sweet. And he looks like he's having a ball. Hope we can catch up soon.

xx Sarah

AJ said...

I know that paper anywhere - from IKEA? It's perfect for little people that need to do some stamping (puh-lenty of space!)! heehee. Beautiful project Louise!

Danielle Daws said...

Wow - awesome card! I love everything about it! :-)

Anonymous said...

Nice card Louise, Well done!

Kerry Parkinson said...

So much attention to detail in this gorgeous card, it's a real stunner! Congrats on top 5 pick.

Anonymous said...

i love your card, it's so pretty and bright. also wanted to tell you that stamping with my grandkids is one of my favourite things to do and they love to clean the stamps they use too...your son is gorgeous and very talented like his mummy too! Sally x