Friday, June 3, 2011

A Circle Easel Hooty Card

Hello,
This week Bronwyn over at Just Add Ink has set a fun sketch challenge.

Exciting to have a round sketch. Quite a few of the Design Team girls had made scallop circle and circle easel cards and as I had never made one I decided this week was the perfect time to give one a go.


This card was inspired by this one I saw a long while ago made by Sharlene Meyer for her daughter's birthday. I loved the little banner made from the Party Hearty stamp set hats. I, of course, am still having a love affair with my owl punch so my little hooty made another appearance. Here is my card:


Cute or not??????!!!!!! The colours - Regal Rose; So Saffron; Baja Breeze; Pear Pizzazz and chocolate Chip are from Stampin' Up!'s current Nursery Suite and I love them. I threw some Pumpkin Pie in there for extra fun.

Here it is all closed up too. 
And here is the bottom part all stretched out.
Project Recipe
Stamp Sets:      Party Hearty; Well Scripted; Crazy for Cupcakes
Card/Paper:      Regal Rose; So Saffron; Baja Breeze; Pear Pizzazz; Whisper White; Chocolate Chip
Ink:                   Regal Rose; Baja Breeze; So Saffron; Pumpkin Pie; Pear Pizzazz
Accessories:    Circle Scissors Plus; Owl Punch; Scallop Edge Punch; Oval Nestabilities (non-SU); Baja Breeze Striped Grosgrain (retired); Pink Diamantes (non-SU)
I love this card.... Well worth all the time it took to make........hope you love it too.


Oh and by the way when I had a look at my previous post today of the card I made for my friend Ali and for JAIChallenge 69 I was horrified by the state of the photos of my card. It rained for days this week and I just couldn't get good photos but today is lovely and clear so I took the photos again. If you would like to see what that card really looks like minus horrid photography click HERE.


Have a lovely Friday everyone.....



16 comments:

Ali said...

LOVE it!! This card is beautiful - you've done a great job.
Ali :)

Anonymous said...

That will be so perfect for my gorgeous little niece's 1st birthday. Beautiful design. Super duper creatively talented!!

Christine Blain said...

Can't believe this is your first attempt at an easel card! It is fabulous. Love the cutie colours, and that you've used banners on the top and base of the card. It's adorable, Louise!

Anonymous said...

Love this card...anything with the owl punch appeals to me......I just wish it was my birthday...I'll have to CASE it and make it for my own birthday! LOL. TFS Cheers Donna Zammit

Unknown said...

this card is adorable, I love the owl, and the banners and the choice of colours, it looks great.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is super cute. I love the bright colours and the bunting.

Brenda said...

Love your card, can I come to the party?

Anonymous said...

Love it to bits! The owl, the bunting and the colours are perfect! Great job on this one Louise!

Mae's Cachet said...

What a great bright, cheery birthday card...just love it! Thanks for playing at JAI this week.

Christine said...

very cute card, well done.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Louise. I really love the colours you have chosen. I think I should get this little owl punch....it's so cute and versatile. Chantell

Jo said...

Absolutely gorgeous Louise. Thanks for playing along at JAI this week.

Jodene said...

This is so adorable Louise! Just love the colours you have chosen too.

Yvonne said...

A really gorgeous bright party card Louise. I love your banners and cute owl :)

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Congrats on the top pick at JAI for this super cute card!!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is soooo cute! Love it Louise. So bright and joyous!
It was lovely meeting you at convention. Cannot wait for next year now LOL!
Kirsty xx